Friday, November 7, 2008

A Changed Heart

Tonight was a grand night....today was a grand day....this sure is a grand life. Lately I've been struggling a bit with my relationship with God. It hasn't been anything severe or terribly rough it was just another struggle and place to grow in. That being said, that is what I have been working on. I have increased prayer and made sure that it wasn't just empty recitals of chosen words that have a nice ring to them. This is an easy trap to fall into and one that I honestly feel is straight from the depths of hell. I'm sorry my friends, I'm getting a bit side tracked.

Tonight I worshipped God with Jeremy Riddle. It was a small venue, only a couple hundred people or so. It was great to raise my hands in worship to our Father with such a talented man of God. It was one of those times where it seemed like everything that happened was just for me. Every song spoke to me, the things that the pastor spoke about were for me and God was at the center of it all and He had a special evening planned out just for me. There was even more to it than just that. This little shindig took place at a church that I went to for a short while before my passionate pursuit of God.

I remember sitting in that church wishing that I had slept in a bit longer so that I wouldn't have to listen to the stupid worship. Tonight my arms were outstretched in worship, my heart and soul open to His will in my life. I used to stand there while everybody worshipped just looking from one person to another and wondering what there sins were. I remember seeing nothing but sinners and cowards. Tonight I stood next to my brothers and sisters, Gods servants, His children, brave men, women, and children who would stand for God and what they know is right against all else. What an honor it was to stand there worshipping God with these people.

Thank you God for always being there for me especialy when I had only turned my back to you and fought your existence. Thank you Father for bringing me to that place tonight. Father thank you for this life!!! I pray that you continue to do great things in my heart and soul, I pray that you take my heart and make it your own. Thank you Father. Amen!!!

2 comments:

WTF?! said...

He is a patient God.

We ignore Him, or spit in His face, and all the while He is working behind the scenes to bring us untold blessing and glory. It's humbling...

Caleb said...

Isn't it odd how weak the words blessing, glory and humbling seem in this context.