Saturday, June 21, 2008

It Has ALL Changed!!!

My good friend Steve called me up yesterday to
see if I wanted to go wakeboarding with him today. Naturally I couldn't decline such an invite. Steve and I have spent many days on the lake wakeboarding. Please don't let me mislead you here at all. I'm no good at wakeboarding but I sure do have a good time out there on the lake. Something was different this time. It was a first time thing for me. When Steve called me yesterday it was about 100 out and the lake was so refreshing to jump into when I went windsurfing with Jim and Natalie....today it was about 73 when I got to the lake......there was thunder snapping and rolling off of the mountains around the lake.....the rain was coming and going......what happened here? So going out to the lake seemed like a stupid thing to do...it made no sense to go out on the water but then again......it could be some good wakeboarding. So we set off. We got out into the main channel of the lake and it was looking great. The water was smooth and there was no wind on it at all.
I hopped in the water and it was even slightly colder than outside. Rain was coming down around me and I couldn't figure out why I was in the water freezing and trying to talk in a much more manly voice than what came out. While I was there I looked around and took just a second to take in where I was. I was there with Him. He is always there with me. That makes it all change. I was still freezing, it was still raining, there was still lightning all around but it was so beautiful!!! It was great to look around and just be right there and in that moment. I gave the go ahead and the motor roared to life.
It's amazing when your swimming in the water or just floating there....it's so forgiving and smooth. When that boat starts pulling it's like you're pushing that board against a ton of sand and then you stand up out of the water. The board gets up on a plane and just glides along the water. It's amazing how the board can stay up on what was once forgiving and smooth like it is almost a solid substance. I'm getting side tracked here. It's amazing what it feels like to be gliding across the water....to carve down low and drag your fingers through the glassy water. It's an amazing feeling that I lack the literary prowess to describe to you....please refer to http://lattesandrainydays.blogspot.com/ for literary prowess. It is an amazing experience but it has gone to a whole new level now.
After my first run I just lay there in the water with my arms outstretched thanking our Father for giving me this moment that I did nothing to deserve. Now that I reflect on it I can feel His warm smile upon me as I lay there. He's especialy fond of me you know. The moments of my life have changed in the past year in such a magnificent way. He is there in every moment and I forget that way to often. Sometimes He has to paint a brilliant sunset or a full moon from the end of a dock to give me that quick reminder that He loves me and is here for me. I am ashamed that I need that and so thankful for it at the same time. My days have changed, my focus has changed, my love has changed, my eyes have changed, my faith has changed and my hopes and dreams have changed. I pray that my life reflects that in a huge way. Take this moment to turn away from your screen and thank Him for this moment. Don't just keep reading or say to yourself that you'll do it later. Just do it. I'll do it with you from my living room floor bowed down in front of Him honoring Him and His love for me and for you.
It's so wonderful to reflect on my life and how it has been the way that it had to be to bring me to Him now just like this. It amazing to look at the things that I used to do and compare them to what it is like to do them now in His Grace. I pray that there is at least one person reading this right now who doesn't know His love. I would urge you to get ahold of me so that we can talk about it or even better.....I would pray that you spread out your arms and cry out to our Father to enter your heart, to forgive you for your sins, for His unfathomable love. I would then urge you to PASSIONATLY pursue Him.
Father I pray that your holy spirit would just fall upon everybody who reads this. I pray that they would have an unquenchable thirst for you. Father I thank you so very much for this life that you have given me and for all of the moments that you have blessed me with. Father thank you for not striking me with lightning today and bringing me home this early in the game. Father I pray that you guide me in speaking to others about your kingdom. I feel so unqualified and inexperienced. Thank you for your love for me Father. Amen

2 comments:

kirsten said...

literary prowess, huh?? :o) thanks for the compliment.

and yes, caleb ... Papa is especially fond of you.

Caleb said...

He sure is isn't He. Not that I deserve a bit of it.

I will back up the literary prowess thing though.