Sunday, June 1, 2008

1 Corinthians 13:1-3



Wuv, twue wuv.... Just kidding. I hope that at least most of you got that. Lately I've been visiting and revisiting 1 Corinthians 13 and I haven't been able to get enough of it. Every time I look at it there is something more. So here it is for you to enjoy. As you read it please think about His love for YOU, your love for Him, your love for others and His love for others.

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others , I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy , and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything that I have to the poor and even sacrificied my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn't love others, I would have gained nothing.

This has such an obvious message to me. Love!!! It is the center of it all. "All you need is Love". I always feel like I need to capitalize Love due to the value of the word. He Loved us so much that He sent His son to Love on us....to be with us.....to teach us....to be one of us.....to be betrayed by one of us.....to be tortured and murdered for us....for you and me. We never did any thing to deserve this. He just Loves us. We are so blessed by His grace and Love. How do we repay this? I'm not looking for some negative answer here. This is a real question. I look forward to you your thoughts on this and I urge you to make them prayerfully considered answers.

Father I thank you for Loving me and forgiving me for not knowing how to Love you tha same way. I thank you for growing the Love inside of me more and more every day. Father I thank you for you grace and the relationships that I have in my life that allow me to practice your Love. I pray that my Love continues to grow with no end in sight. Thank you Father. Amen

2 comments:

Dean said...

Hey bro, it's good to see you as passionate as ever. And good to be back online to be able to see you and the others at all!

Caleb said...

Dean- It is so great to hear from you my friend and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.