Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kenya

My friend Chris just got back from Kenya not to long ago and while he was there he was talking with a friend of his who needs someone to act as a foreman for the construction of a childrens camp.  This camp is totally funded and the supplies are already rolling in.  Chris brought me up as a possible candidate to go out there and help build this camp.  It would probably be a 2 year commitment with something like a month off in between years.  I'll be meeting with the pastor who is heading this up next month to see if this is something where I can help him out or not.  If it is then I'm moving to Kenya.  I've been praying and fasting over this and I think that if this works out then that is where God wants me.  It's odd because I've wanted to do a kids camp for years and just gave up on the idea due to a lack of $$$$ and then this possible opportunity lands in my lap.  Please throw a bit of prayer my way.  I just want His will to be done in my life and for me to not get in the way of His dreams for me.  Thank you friends.

Father I pray that you guide me in this possible new adventure and chapter in my life.  I pray that you open the doors that need to be opened in my life to lead me towards the path that you have for me.  Father I pray that I stay out of the was of your will and that I just open myself and completely surrender myself to your will.  Your will be done Father.  AMEN!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I know you don't know me - but I'm here via Kirsten's blog. I'll certainly be praying that God would cleary reveal His will for you and either open up all needed doors or firmly close them all. What a great place to be in - total surrender. Reminds me of a line from one of my favorite worships songs - where ever he lead I'll go. I look forward to updates

Caleb said...

Rebecca, thanks for the prayer and support. Isn't Kirsten great! I just got to spend 4 days with her in the San Francisco area.

Rebecca said...

Don't know her personally, but I enjoy following her blog.