Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Movies that Move You.....

As we've all been experiencing these difficult economic times I decided to rent Cinderella Man to put it all into perspective. This movie shows such an important time in history and how an amazing man handled it. What we are going through is NOTHING!!! I know that jobs are hard to come by but they are not impossible to find. We have so many options and opportunities in this amazing country of ours. We have our issues just like any where else but what a fantastic country this is.

This movie moves me in many different ways. It shows me how to be a better man. It shows me the power of faith and the hope that it can bring. It shows me the power of Love, humility, honor, respect, devotion, and strength. Do you remember the part where he goes to the old boxing club house and asks for money? How about the part where he goes back to the welfare office and gives the money BACK? How many of you would do that? I doubt that I would.

What movies move you and why do they move you? Bear you soul here Brothers and Sisters.

3 comments:

WTF?! said...

Cinderella Man is great, the story is great, his character is great, so is hers. But what really impressed me is the family.

Hollywood actually makes a film where the husband and wife love each other deeply and don't have sex with anybody else! What a novel idea! They are inspiration to each other, devoted, and see the best in each other. And they are truly great parents, sacrificial, tough on righteousness, but playful and loving...

Coupla great movies:

Beau Geste (old b&w) a great action/adventure/mystery movie that highlights the love between three orphaned brothers.

To End All Wars an amazing film set in a WWII POW camp that explores the factual account of a man who practiced Jesus' words in a very extreme circumstance. The first time I saw this it made me bawl...

Les Miserables An amazing story of redemption, grace, and bitterness. Drawn from the classic novel.

The Power of One A story of hope set in apartheid South Africa.


South Central Not a great film in terms of its production or acting, but a heartfelt story of an ex-felon father who tries to save his son from the gang life that he lived.

And of course...

Footloose For obvious reasons...

Caleb said...

I'm with you on Les Miserable (watched it again last week) and The Power of One is fantastic. I'll have to check out the others and the verdict is out on footloose....I'll watch it again soon and get back to you.

Caleb said...

Steve, I rented Footloose and got a kick out of it. I was ready to take of my shirt and run through a warehouse dancing and swinging around on poles! Good pick. Be blessed brother.