Monday, March 24, 2008

It's all about me!!!


Most of you know me and that is why you are here but there are some crazy people out there that in their boredom have happened upon these blogs so here is a little something about me. My name is Caleb. OK that's it.......more?! Ok here it goes. I started this blog as a way to communicate with a friend about a number of different thoughts in regards to our spiritual beliefs who doesn't have a schedule that match's mine.
Over the past two years I worked with a guy who has a love for God and every thing that involves. For most of that time I tried to convince Dave that Organized "religion" was a bunch of crap and he would always say "maybe but..." and then we would be moving down the next line of conversation. One day I asked him how he knew with out physical proof that there was a God. He said that he didn't have any but his life is better and more fulfilled when he is pursuing god. I watched Dave for two years and had never seen anybody walk out a life with God with such integrity before so I decided that I should take a shot at it. Since that time I have started a relationship with God that has turned my world upside down and rocked it in such an amazing way.
God has shown me his wisdom over and over again. I was in an amazing relationship that was headed in a great wordly direction but there were parts of our relationship that weren't of God. Our relationship ended very abruptly for reasons that I had a hard time understanding...I guess I still don't but in that end I have come even closer to God and I think that He used that to bring me closer to Him. In a short time I have lost my job, the woman that I love and her two wonderful children, and the life that I once valued so much. Through this loss God has brought me closer to him and has helped me re-evaluate what I want in life. God tore me down to rebuild me and I feel so honored by it. It has been a scary, humbling, thrilling and exciting ride so far and I look forward to what God has in store for me.
So as you read these blogs please realize that any of it that has to do with theology is coming from an infant disciple. I am feeling my way through this as a clumsy sinner and am open to any thing that you have to say. Please feel free to contradict anything that I say or give any information to further educate me. Thank you for checking this out and please drop me some lines. I hope that you find this healthy, blessed and with a smile.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this. It's been fun to watch you over the past few months!! prov. 27:17 says that as iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. Your questions and thoughts challenge me!! So much so that I've had to take a break from intense thinking... my mind gets spinning out of control and I get overwhelmed. It's so much fun to have you in the family.

Dean said...

So why do you assume it must have been boredom??

Thanks for the background info, I always like some context.

Jessica said...

I just want to add one more thing to the "all about Caleb" comments:
You are amazing!! My scooter is running SO much better. I didn't realize how bad the breaks actually were!! Thank you so much. You are an absolute blessing!! I love tossing around questions with you, I love hearing what you have to say, and I am excited for the things God is and will do with your life! I appreciate you a ton. And you can take the little hog out any time you want!!! :)

kirsten said...

wow, caleb. hi & thanks for visiting me!

just reading this post was, wow. what a journey you've been on! it's awesome that you are so open to what He has for you. i've been a follower of Christ most of my life, but i still feel very much like that infant disciple you describe. the closer i get to God, the more i realize that i never had it as "together" as i convinced myself & just keep coming to Him with arms wide open, asking for a heart more malleable & tender, a heart more like His, coming with open hands saying, all of this glorious mess is yours. what do you want to do with it today?

really great to meet you, caleb. looking forward to getting to know you.

* kirsten

Scott R. Davis said...

glad that you are stumbling around making a stab at following God. Yes, I too have followed Jesus for over 20 years and I at times still mess up. But I take it a day at a time and it is good to be around believers to be encouraged. May you be blessed in your walk with Him. Remember Job lost an awful lot and then got it restored many times back to Him. And remember the apostle Paul who had a few rough spots in His life. We are reaping many of his insights. And you are an apostle, a saint, who is separated out and called as one of Jesus' own.

Remember to read josh McDowell for good theological stands on the faith.
may you be blessed. I too have a blog at www.scottrdavis.blogspot.com
scott